What is Fiverr, and should i be using it? Well, i have decided to write this Fiverr review in order to put questions like this to bed.
More and more people are turning to fiverr it’s an online revolution!
The website allows you to find freelancers in almost any area of expertise, and you can have jobs done from as little as $5.
If you looking for a fiverr alternative, their main competitors are, Freelancer, Upwork and People Per Hour.
I have used both Fiverr and Upwork for some time now…
i continue to use them both almost every day.
Fiverr is great website if you know how to use it, Fiverr can also be terrible, if used in the wrong way.
Today i’m going to talk you through the pro’s and con’s, that way you can decide if you want to use it.
What Kind of Services Does Fiverr Offer?
There are many different categories offered at Fiverr. The main ones are:
- Graphics & Design – logos, illustrations, book covers, flyers, banner ads, social media and infographics.
- Online Marketing – research, analytics, SEO, social marketing, traffic and reviews.
- Writing and Translation – proofreading, press release and blog posts.
- Video & Animation – editing, intros, commercial and testimonials.
- Music & Audio – jingles, voice over, sound effects and song writers.
- Programming and Tech – databases, WordPress, apps and eCommerce.
- Advertising – flyers, hold signs, radio and banner.
- Business – business plans, virtual assistant, branding and consulting.
Advantages of Using Fiverr
First, let’s look at some of the advantages for a buyer.
- If you’ve got a limited budget, fiverr is a life saver. You really can get loads of different things done for only $5, but do remember this will be the most basic service on offer. If you are looking for top quality you are going to have to spend a little more than this.
- At $5 you aren’t risking a lot of money. Let’s say you want some marketing images done for your business, you can find a freelancer on fiverr no problem, you’ll risk say $5 – $40. If you were to go to a graphic design agency you’ll be spending hundreds of dollars for just the consultation. Fiverr does offer value for money, that’s for sure.
- You can manage an entire project in one place. Let’s say you are building a website, by using fiverr you can communicate and manage as many freelancers as you want on one platform. In the past you could have spent hours chasing different programmers and developers, this takes up alot of time! On fiverr all you need to do is log on, and maybe send a couple of messages asking for an update on progress, this will save you a great deal of time.
Now, some advantages for the seller..
- As a freelancer, fiverr will give you MAJOR exposure, i mean it’s one of the most popular websites in existence. Millions of people use fiverr and to make the most of it all you need to do is to create an attractive profile and you can start building your reputation. Think of it as having a shop, you can set up shop on a quiet road, but you’ll be spending a lot of time (and money) trying to find customers, on a quiet road, one or two people might look in your shop window everyday. Now think of having a shop on one of the busiest roads in the world, thousands of people are walking past your store everyday and you aren’t having to spend any time or money going out to find customers, they come to you!
- If you have just begun your journey as a freelancer fiverr can make life much easier for you, it gives you a chance to show the people what you can do. Many freelancers started their businesses on fiverr, it’s a ready made platform for you and your business.
- You don’t have to worry about getting paid, Fiverr will make sure of that. Fiverr will hold your fee’s in an escrow account until you have delivered the work and the customer confirms they are happy. If you have a dispute with an unhappy customer, all can be resolved within the dispute center.